I practice Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy – the latest offshoot of Osteopathy. I interact with the client’s physiology without any direct tissue manipulation. My touch engages the body’s innate self-healing capabilities and triggers realignments. The effects may range from a state of relaxation to rapid healing of chronic conditions. The long term effects, as observed by my clients, is greater body awareness (embodiment) and ability to self-heal or self adjust. I’m especially interested in working with people experiencing so called chronic or terminal conditions and enjoy engaging with clients interested in improving the expression of their health.
- 2-year Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy Certification course under the direction of Ged Sumner
- BodyTalk Level 1 & 2, Breakthrough, Mindscape certifications
- 1 Medical Intuitive workshop with Caroline Myss
- 2 Stillness Touch workshops with Charles Ridley
- 4 Radical Wholeness workshops with Philip Shepherd
- Reiki Level 1 and 2 attunement (I don’t practice Reiki, however I’m using its underlying energetics principles in my work)
- Openhand Facilitation Certification
I conduct the BCS sessions in my treatment room in Calgary.
- Before the treatment I will ask you about your general health history and your current well-being.
- We will chat about your session expectations and I will answer any questions you may have.
- A session is conducted on a massage table and the Client remains fully clothed.
- In the biodynamic approach (as opposed to biomechanical) we do not use any force or tissue manipulation.
- My touch will be light and neutral. Even though there is no tissue manipulation you may feel sensations such as heat, pulling, tingling, emotional release, etc. These shifts are generated by your body and are always an indication of reconnecting with one’s health.
- The body usually gains a healing momentum during a BCS treatment and it usually takes up to 3 days to integrate the physical and emotional shifts. During this time it is good to be gentle with oneself and drink plenty of water.
The number of treatments you will need depends on the nature of your healing process. I will discuss this with you and we will decide on the best plan for your current circumstance. Usually, as your body responds there is less need for frequent sessions, however monthly “maintenance” sessions are recommended.
Is BCST a type of “Energy Work”?
All bodywork is energy work, since human interactions, especially touch involve energy by engaging the biological electromagnetic field. Every tissue in our bodies emanates this bio-electric field. We respond to each other energetically, whether we are aware of it or not. BCS is based on the interaction with the physical aspects of your body, although it includes attention to the non-physical and energetic dimensions of your being. I do not purposely channel energy, neither do I practice bio-energetic-therapy. My consciousness is of a specific vibration and you may experience shifts as a reaction to that during a session.